11 February 2014

Our Favorite Romance Movies

In honor of the fast approaching Valentines Day, we decided to list our all-time favorite romantic movies! Hopefully it'll be of some use for those of you wanting to watch a little bit of romance with your loved ones; or if you're single - you should still watch and dream! :D



1. Pride & Prejudice
It wouldn't be a proper list unless this movie was on it. Whichever version you watch it'll be perfect! The initial love-hate relationship between Lizzy and Darcy is just delicious and I guarantee you'll enjoy every but of it. 

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Darcy


2. Safe Haven
Yes, this is an adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks' novel. If you do not like his typical novels/books, I will beg you to at least give this one a try! There's a BIG twist in the end!

"The good thing Katie, is that life is full of second chances." - Jo

"Promise me something Katie, you'll take a lot of pictures and only regret the ones that you didn't take." -Jo 


                                   

3. The Lake House
This movie had my undivided attention for the entirety of it. And then I made my friends watch it too, right after I was done; because the movie was just THAT good!

"I sometimes feel as if I'm invisible, as if no one can see me at all. I never felt that way when I lived at the Lake House."



4. You've Got Mail

If you haven't yet seen this movie, I recommend you see it right away. Everything about it is so sweet, I have watched it hundreds of times and I'm still not bored with it. Quirky and funny.

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms." - Joe


5. The Notebook
Of course this had to be in the list.. Was it obvious it'd be on the list? YES. So don't act surprised. You knew it was coming.

“I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.”
Yum Yum, Bearded Ryan *-*
6. The Time Traveler's Wife
Seriously, if you don't like this movie then something is wrong with you. Even if you hate the movie there's still Eric Bana. Enough said? 

"I never wanted to have anything in my life that I couldn't stand losing. But it's too late for that. It's not because you're beautiful and smart. I don't feel alone anymore. Will you marry me?"



7. P.S. I love you.
Be warned, if you haven't seen this movie you will need lots - and i mean LOTS of tissues.

"So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too."



After listing all of them I have the sudden urge to watch them all over again!

Is your favorite romance in our list? If not let us know what your go to Romance movie is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik